LTPD Program Coordinator:
Rockwood Football Club (RFC) is a Not for Profit Youth Soccer Club sanctioned by Ontario Soccer and located in Rockwood, Ontario serving the surrounding area.
RFC is looking for an individual who will assist the Technical Director in implementing the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) within RFC’s current development program.
RFC is committed to enhancing the enjoyment of soccer for recreational players and providing opportunities to develop technical skills for players that aspire for a future career in soccer. LTPD’s focus is to create an inclusive environment for developing young players to their fullest potential. In essence, LTPD is about putting player development first.
Coordinator to start immediately.
Job Type and Remuneration:
Part-time 2-year contract funded by a Trillium Grant. 25hrs/week average at $30/hrs with approx. 10-15 hours/week Dec-May with hours to be greater in the summer-including Saturday mornings 830am-1130am, and up to 4 weeks of summer camp 830am-330pm 5 days/week.
- Recruit, train, assess and mentor coaches U4-U12.
- Implement a program designed by Technical Director for U4-8 players on Saturday morning.
- Arrange and attend Ontario Soccer Active Start Fundamentals and Learn to Train Courses run by RFC as Club rep.
- Attend Sessions as run by Ontario Soccer and the SWRSA District to keep up to date on LTPD , keep the club updated on LTPD.
- Run group development programming for U10 and U12 through the summer session.
- Plan and implement all aspects of a sustainable winter development program for players U4-12.
- Ensure the grassroots program is LTPD compliant with a view to ensuring a Talented Pathway for those eligible and a Soccer For Life Pathway for others.
- Interact with parents, give feedback on children’s abilities, and provide suggestions to improve their skills.
- Meet monthly with Tech Director and Program Supervisor.
- Provide monthly tracking and reporting of the implementation progress for regulatory purposes.
- Work with Head Ref to teach/update coaches on coach/ref interactions and Laws of the Game.
- Act as a backup for Technical Director.
- Attend Club meetings as requested.
- Attend District League and House League meetings representing the club.
Candidate must also:
- Have solid experience as a soccer player or coach or a volunteer coach.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Working knowledge of excel.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Be flexible, reliable, patient, and out-going.
- Have a passion for sports and physical activity.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have reliable personal transportation and ability to work at a variety of locations used by the club.
- Have a clean Police and Vulnerable Sector check
- Have Ontario Soccer Coaching qualifications or a willingness to obtain
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 15, 2018