LTPD Program Coordinator:
Rockwood Football Club (RFC) is a Not for Profit Youth Soccer Club sanctioned by Ontario Soccer and located in Rockwood, Ontario serving the surrounding area.
RFC is looking for an individual who will assist the Technical Director in implementing the Long Term Player Development (LTPD) within RFC’s current development program.
RFC is committed to enhancing the enjoyment of soccer for recreational players and providing opportunities to develop technical skills for players that aspire for a future career in soccer. LTPD’s focus is to create an inclusive environment for developing young players to their fullest potential. In essence, LTPD is about putting player development first.
Coordinator to start immediately.
Part-time 2-year contract funded by a Trillium Grant. Approximately 25hrs/week at $30/hrs for a period of 40 weeks/year.
The primary focus of this role is to implement the approach, philosophies, values of Ontario Soccer’s Long Term Player Development (LTPD) within RFC’s existing coaching philosophies. The LTPD Coordinator will be responsible for developing, with the assistance of the Technical Director, a new RFC specific program that meets both the LTPD’s requirements and RFC’s coaching philosophy. The LTPD Coordinator will be responsible for formalizing the program and putting together all of the training and presentation material for the coaches. The LTPD Coordinator will also be responsible for the advertising, recruiting, training, monitoring of RFC’s coaching staff for U4-U12 on the RFC/LTPD programs.
LTPD specific duties
- Arrange for (and attend) Ontario Soccer Active Start, Fundamentals and Learn to Train Courses run by RFC as Club rep.
- Attend sessions run by Ontario Soccer and the SWRSA District to keep up to date on LTPD , keep the club updated on LTPD.
- Ensure the house league program is LTPD compliant with a view to ensuring a Talented Pathway for those eligible and a Soccer For Life Pathway for others.
- Communicate the LTPD philosophy to parents.
- Provide coaches/parents with feedback on children’s abilities, and provide suggestions to improve their skills.
- Meet regularly with the Technical Director and Program Supervisor.
- Provide monthly tracking and reporting of the implementation progress for regulatory purposes.
- Attend Club meetings as requested.
- Attend District League and House League meetings representing the club.
- Coach the U8 Festival teams to showcase LTPD
Candidate must also:
- Have solid experience as a soccer player or coach or a volunteer coach.
- Be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Working knowledge of excel.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Be flexible, reliable, patient, and out-going.
- Have a passion for sports and physical activity.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have reliable personal transportation and ability to work at a variety of locations used by the club.
- Have a clean Police and Vulnerable Sector check
- Have Ontario Soccer Coaching qualifications or a willingness to obtain
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 15, 2018