DISTRICT (SWRSA) DISCIPLINE SYSTEMSherol2019-11-04T23:14:23-05:00
SWRSA DISCIPLINE SYSTEM
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE TEAM OR CLUB OFFICIAL DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING WITH THEIR PLAYERS AND THAT THE PLAYERS UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
All Discipline will be conducted where possible by Discipline by Review (DBR). Some cases, such as those involving physical assault of a Match Official, shall be handled as per the Rules and Regulations of the OSA. Persons charged have the right to request a Discipline by Hearing (DBH) (fees may be involved). These requests must be received in writing by the SWRSA Discipline Coordinator within three (3) days of receipt of the dismissal.
As per OSA Policy 5.4.2, SWRSA publishes the dates on which it holds Regularly Scheduled Hearings. SWRSA will publish the name of the player/coach/ club etc. and the OSA charge corresponding suspension on www.swrsa.ca . Correspondence detailing the suspension will be issued to the Club and the League. It is the responsibility of the Club to inform the player of his/her suspension. It is the responsibility of the player to check the SWRSA website and/or Request a Hearing within three (3) days of receiving the dismissal. It is the responsibility of the League to ensure those players/ Club adheres to the suspensions issued by SWRSA.
A) DISCIPLINE BY REVIEW SYSTEM (DBR):
For the following offences:
· All misconducts will be dealt with by Discipline by Review, where permitted under OSA Policies.
· The Discipline Committee will review all misconduct reports based on the match official report only and render a decision without a formal hearing. SWRSA will issue an email to the Club stating game suspensions and non-refundable discipline fee of $50.00 (cash or credit only) which is payable by date stated in the notification. If the fee is not paid by this date the player will be suspended from all soccer activity until the outstanding fee is settled. All fees will be paid to SWRSA via the Club in which the player is registered. Overdue fee charges may apply.
· The Accused has the right to Request a Hearing in writing within three (3) days of receiving the dismissal except in cases of O.S.A Misconduct Type 1.3, 1.5, and 1.6. The Request of Discipline Hearing Fee of $100.00 (cash or credit only) must be submitted at the time of request. If found not guilty, the fee will be refunded.
· Discipline decisions made under the Discipline by Review System may not be appealed.
B) DISCIPLINE BY HEARING SYSTEM (DBH):
· FOR ALL OTHER TYPES OF MISCONDUCT, the registrant or his designated representative (with a signed proxy signed by the accused) must appear before the Discipline Hearing Panel at the SWRSA office for hearing on the scheduled discipline date as published on the SWRSA website with the Discipline Hearing fee of $100.00 (cash or credit only). If payment is not received the hearing will not go ahead and the accused will have failed to attend. If found not guilty, the fee will be refunded.
· DISCIPLINE BY HEARING decision may be appealed to the Ontario Soccer Association.
C) FAILURE TO ATTEND DISCIPLINE BY HEARING:
· Failure to appear on the scheduled hearing date will result in the accused being suspended from all soccer activity until a Request for Hearing is made to the SWRSA office and the subsequent hearing is attended. A Request for Hearing fee of $100.00 (cash or credit only) is non-refundable.
D) RIGHTS OF THE ACCUSED:
· Failure to appear by any of the “parties required to attend” following receipt of notification shall result in disciplinary action being taken against the absent party.
· The accused has the rights to receive within 48 hours upon submitting a written request to the organization, a copy of the Report(s) of Misconduct and all documentation which will be considered by the Discipline Hearing Panel.
· Witnesses, advisors, and observers are entitled to attend, but they must appear in person. Written reports by witnesses are not acceptable. Parties are responsible for having witnesses attend a hearing.
· Requests for postponement of a Discipline Hearing must be submitted in writing; and be received by the South-West Regional Soccer Association (SWRSA) no later than four (4) days prior to the date of the hearing.
· N.S.F. cheques will be assessed a $75.00 Administrative fee.
· If SWRSA receives back from its bank an NSF cheque, the Club of the discipline player who has provided the NSF cheque becomes immediately responsible for full payment- the amount of the cheque plus handling fee
F) OVERDUE FINES:
· OSA Policy 10.5 Any registrant failing to pay a fine, fee or bond imposed by a Discipline Hearing/Review Panel shall be subject to an additional monetary penalty if still unpaid, shall be subject to suspension and shall remain under suspension until imposed penalty (plus the original fee, fine, bond) is paid.
· SWRSA Rules & Regulations: Rule 11: Discipline 11.3- Any registrant failing to pay a fine, fee or bond imposed by a Discipline Hearing/Review Panel shall be subject to an additional monetary penalty of $200.00 if the original fine, fee, bond is not received within 60 days. If still unpaid, shall be subject to suspension and shall remain under suspension until imposed penalty (plus the original fee, fine, bond) is paid.