Please arrive a few minutes early so your player is ready to participate at the scheduled program start time.
All U12 house league teams participate in a recreational travel league governed by the Escarpment Soccer League – ESL (https://esl.e2esoccer.com/). The season runs from May to August (exact dates are determined by the ESL). *Program dates may be affected by Covid restrictions and/or inclement weather. Although we do our best to run all weeks, the total number of sessions is not guaranteed.
- U12 Girls and U12 Boys play in separate divisions
- ALL Rockwood FC U12 teams travel to play. Schedules are balanced between home and away games. Home games are located at Rockmosa Park on Drexler fields located at 110 Rockmosa Drive, Rockwood, ON
- U12 Girls and Boys currently travel to Puslinch, Hillsburgh, Milton, and Shelburne – travel is determined by team registrations to the Escarpment League.
- U12 Girls and U12 Boys have one game and one practice per week.
- Each division will have a year-end festival hosted by one of the member clubs.
All sessions take a holistic approach to developing our young athletes focusing on the Four Corner Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model which consists of technical, psychological, physical, and social/emotional components. The Four Corner approach places the player at the center of the development process with soccer experiences that meet their four key needs. By implementing the LTPD philosophy, supported by good coaching methodology, players will benefit from, and enjoy practice sessions more. All sessions will focus on player development in a low stress, supportive, positive, fun, and safe environment.
Please consider volunteering!
Teams are coached and managed by volunteers. You can volunteer by
signing up on the player registration form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Returning volunteer coaches receive a discount on registration. New volunteer coaches receive a
discount following their first full season of coaching.
Registration includes a full uniform which includes a team shirt, shorts, and socks. These will be handed out on the first day when players will meet their coaches and program leader.
Shin guards are MANDATORY equipment for your player. Players must wear soccer cleats. All players are provided with a ball to use during each session.
Each player needs a medical form on file in case of emergencies.
Photo Day- June 18, 2022
Each registered player will receive one free group and one free individual photo. The schedule will be posted on the RFC website and will be sent via email to all registrants. Please note there are no retake or alternate days.
Our soccer program runs rain or shine. Please check our RFC website home page, your email and club social media sites for up-to-date information on cancellations and field closures. Soccer can be cancelled for the following reasons:
- Thunder and/or Lightning at the field. In the event of thunder and/or lightning, RFC adheres to the Canada Soccer Lightning Safety / Severe Weather Policy. The decision to suspend a session and/or game will be made by senior referees (for matches) and head coaches (for training), and they are advised to take a “better safe than sorry” approach during electrical storms. All parties are advised to take shelter in a safe location right away and club activities must not resume until 30 minutes after the last thunder or lightning.
- Excessive rain (our township determines field status daily by 2pm – and may opt to close fields as necessary to prevent damage to the playing surfaces)
Training sessions suspended or cancelled due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled.
We do not cancel soccer during heat alerts. Our coaches and officials will have players take more frequent breaks to ensure that they stay properly hydrated. Please always make sure your player has water at the fields. If you forget your water bottle, there is a water refilling station over by the washrooms.
For safety, all jewelry, except for medical alert bracelets and necklaces, must be removed prior to soccer, including piercings. Activity Trackers or ‘Fit Bits’ may not be worn.
Practices and Games
Please remember that if your player cannot attend a practice or a game to notify your coach in advance. Our coaches spend time planning their training sessions and it helps them to know if a player will not be attending. It is expected that a parent or guardian is responsible for their players before and after practice. If you designate a third party, like a sibling, grandparent or another player’s parent to be responsible- please inform your coach in advance.
Schedules are posted by Escarpment Soccer League the beginning of May.